Gengo is a Tokyo- and San Mateo-based startup making translation simple and removing the language barrier for customers as they go global. Customers order human translation online through our website or our API that lets you plug into our growing network of over 20,000 translators.
We’re looking for a talented Senior WordPress back-end developer to work closely with Gengo marketing team on our core marketing website, landing pages and promotional micro-sites.
- Using WordPress to its fullest, making our web pages easily accessible/editable by our marketing team
- Work closely with our designers and marketing team to implement ideas
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems with our marketing site when they occur
- Solid knowledge of PHP
- Knowledge of CSS layout including responsive design techniques
- Experience developing with WordPress & templating systems
- Knowledge of cross-browser feature support and rendering
- Solid understanding of the web technology such as HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching
- Portfolio in form of a personal website, GitHub profile etc.
- Keen eye for detail and able to meet deadlines
- Conversational English and/or Japanese
- An eagle-eye for detail and passion for perfection of design
- Good teamwork but able to work independently, too
- Experience localising a WordPress site using WPML
- Experience integrating dynamic data sources from web service APIs